2018 is being hailed at “The Year to Be Here” at Disney Parks and Resorts. Our family is no stranger to that “need” to visit a Disney Park, but you may be wondering why this year is a great year to visit. Besides the awesome new openings inside the parks (hey Toy Story Land!), there are a lot of cool things going on outside the parks too. Take a look at these 18 Disney Parks events you can experience in 2018!
18 Disney Parks Events to Experience in 2018
Movies, performances, new attractions and so much more await eager guests at all Disney Parks this year! I’ll be focusing on the stateside parks simply because I have not been to all of the international ones (yet)! What excites you most about Disney Parks in 2018?
Movie Sneak Peeks
1. Sneak Peeks of the latest Disney live action and animated films have become quite popular in the last few years. Last summer, my family was treated to a sneak peek of “Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales.” In 2018, we will be treated to more than one sneak peek, I’m sure. Beginning February 9, guests at Disney’s California Adventure can see a short preview of “A Wrinkle in Time” presented in 3D with special in-theater effects at the Sunset Showcase Theater. In Disney’s Hollywood Studios, guest will see several clips from the film at the “One Man’s Dream” attraction.
Sadly, the only Epcot festival I lack to check off my bucket list starts this month, and I won’t be attending this year. Fortunately for me, there are others I will get to attend! Here are the dates for the festivals at Epcot in 2018:
2. January 12-February 19: Epcot International Festival of the Arts
3. February 28-May 28: Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival
4. Fall 2018: Epcot International Food & Wine Festival (will update with dates when they are released)
Disney California Adventure Festivals
5. Celebrate the “Year of the Dog” at the Lunar New Year Festival in Disney California Adventure! From January 26 to February 18 guests will enjoy multicultural performances, fun-filled activities, beautiful décor, delicious cuisine and themed merchandise.
6. Another festival option for the West Coast crowd begins on March 2 and runs through April 12. Disney California Adventure plays host to it’s version of the Food & Wine Festival. The festival will feature new experiences such as Celebrity Chef LIVE! at the Hyperion, as well as returning favorites like Disney Family of Wines Dinner, Sweet Sundays and the Winemaker or Brewmaster Dinners.
7. Pixar Fest begins April 13. “Together Forever-A Pixar Nighttime Spectacular” fireworks extravaganza and the Pixar Play Parade add to the magic at Disneyland Resort.
8. “Paint the Night” parade returns to Disney California Adventure park along with the addition of new Pixar characters and floats as part of the parade’s return.
9. “Pixar Pier” will open this summer. The permanent transformation of the pier will feature four Pixar-themed neighborhoods, the new Incredicoaster (a transformed California Screamin’), a new Pixar-themed lounge and grill and more!
10. Disneyland’s Downtown Disney will see the opening of a few new spaces and some re-imagined ones. Star Wars: Secrets of the Empire by ILMxLAB and The VOID and Splitsville Luxury Lanes will open very soon. D-Street will also be re-imagined into a retail space that offers guests a variety of Disney-themed home goods.
Toy Story Land
11. Opening summer 2018, the eagerly anticipated Toy Story Land will bring new life to Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Slinky Dog Dash, the new roller coaster, looks incredible! I’m also excited to see what dining selections will be offered at Woody’s Lunchbox.
Disney Springs, the shopping and dining mecca formerly known as Downtown Disney, is one of my favorite places to be at Walt Disney World! New restaurants and shops continue to open at Disney Springs in 2018.12. The Edison, an “industrial-Gothic” themed restaurant and entertainment venue, opened at the beginning of January. The Edison has multiple themed areas to explore like The Ember Parlour, The Radio Room, the Waterfront Patio and more. Lunch and dinner will be served at The Edison. After 10pm, guests must be 21 to enter and there will be a $15 cover charge per person.
13. Also recently opened at Disney Springs are three new Italian venues. Enzo’s Hideaway, Pizza Ponte, and Mari & Enzo’s. Each venue offers it’s own experience and take on Italian fare. Enzo’s Hideaway looks like a great place to grab an adult beverage!
14. Later this year, Terraline Crafted Italian, Wine Bar George, Jaleo and Wolfgang Puck Bar and Grill will debut as well. Check back to this post for updates as they occur!
Animal Kingdom Anniversary
15. Probably the second biggest event at the parks will be the celebration of Animal Kingdom’s 20th anniversary on Earth Day! Can you believe April 22 marks 20 years since Animal Kingdom opened? Seems like forever ago and not all at the same time!
Parties at the Magic Kingdom and Disneyland Resort
No dates have been released yet, but trust me when I say get thee to a party!
16. Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party is one of my all-time favorites! Not only do adults get to dress in costume, but we can trick-or-treat right along with the kids!
17. Mickey’s Halloween Party, the Disneyland version of this fall event, is also fabulous. I’m a little miffed that West Coast fans seem to get better holiday treats than us East Coasters!
18. End the year on a high note and treat yourself to Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party at Magic Kingdom park. 2017 was my first year to attend this party, but it certainly won’t be my last.
2018 is going to be an amazing year for Disney Parks and Resorts! What will you be visiting Disney Parks to see and do this year?