I have been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser for this post. All opinions are mine alone. #GoldfishMix #Walmart #CollectiveBias
What does snack time look like in your house? Is is a free-for-all, grab-whatever-you-can mad dash to the pantry? Or are you more organized that I am at 3:30 in the afternoon (teach me your ways!). I’ll admit I’m not always prepared for that mid-afternoon snack time, and sometimes the girls just grab whatever they can reach (and it isn’t always the healthiest thing for them).
Fortunately, I can always count on the baked goodness of Goldfish® to come to my rescue when I’m running out of creative ideas for snacks. I’ve recently discovered that the best way to get my girls to make better snacking choices is to make snack time a fun time for them. They like to help me in the kitchen anyway, so why not include them in the snack making? As I was pondering more creative ways to include Goldfish in their snacks, I thought about making the crackers available to them in two ways.First, we’ve got your traditional trail mix with a little twist.
- 1 cup Popped Popcorn
- 1 cup Goldfish® Flavor Blasted® XTra Cheddar crackers
- 1 cup Goldfish® Pretzel Crackers
- 1/2 cup Almonds
- 1/2 cup Dried Cranberries
- 1 packet dry Ranch Dressing
- 1 tbsp. cooking oil
- Preheat oven to 325º. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine popped popcorn, Goldfish® Flavor Blasted® XTra Cheddar crackers, Goldfish® Pretzel crackers, and almonds in a bowl.
- Add oil and 1/2 the pack of dry ranch dressing to the bowl. Stir until well mixed.
- Spread evenly on parchment lined baking sheet.
- Remove from oven. Add cranberries and toss before serving.
- Store in an airtight container to maintain freshness.
Next, I decided to incorporate a little fruit into my recipe idea.
- Goldfish® Pretzel Crackers
- Peanut Butter
- Slice banana into quarter-sized slices.
- Top with peanut butter.
- Finish by topping with a Goldfish® Pretzel cracker.
- Use a spoon to get a neater spread of peanut butter on the banana.
I picked up the two boxes of Goldfish I used for these recipes in the cracker/chip aisle at Walmart. They were on Rollback when I went to purchase them, which made this budget conscious mama very happy! I love it when I can save a few bucks here and there on my grocery bill. Which flavor of Goldfish crackers do your kids love? How do you get creative at snack time? I’d love to see your ideas too!