30 is the new 20. At least, I keep telling myself that it is. It’s actually not, and I’m 100% ok with that. 30 is 30. It’s most assuredly not 20.
My twenties were great. Lots of awesome things happened in my twenties. I went to Auburn. Graduated. Got married. Had twins. Lots of life has happened for me in the last 10 years. But not all of life.
So what’s a girl to do when she turns the big 3-0? Everyone keeps asking me if I feel “old,” but, honestly, I’ve felt “old” for the last six years (thanks, kids), so that’s not really anything new. So what do I feel? I feel like I’m just getting started.
Life is a Journey, Not a Destination
Because my twenties were so busy (graduating college, getting married, having kids, and moving houses three times will do that to you), I didn’t get a chance to make a “30 Before 30” list. Not really sure that I would have wanted to anyway. So why now? Why am I making a list now? Like I’ve said, I feel like I’m just getting started with life, so why not?
This list is my list. It’s not your list. It’s not your mama’s list. It’s mine.
It’s going to have a lot of Disney related things. It’s going to have a lot of travel related things. You don’t have to like my list. We can still be friends, I promise. My goal is to inspire myself, and possibly a few of you, to reach for the impossible.
40 Things to Do Before 40
- Visit a country I’ve never been to before
- Take an Alaskan Cruise
- Visit Disneyland Paris with my family
- Visit Shanghai Disneyland
- Visit Tokyo Disney
- Visit Hong Kong Disneyland
- Attend a Star Wars movie premiere
- Meet and interview a Disney Imagineer
- Write a viral post on my blog or social media
- Go on a cross country road trip
- See the Grand Canyon
- Go to an MLS game
- Go to the Superbowl
- Go to a Carolina Panthers game
- Watch a Winter or Summer Olympics in person
- Ice Skate in Central Park
- Ski in Colorado in freshly fallen snow
- Start a tshirt business
- Run a marathon
- Run a 1/2 marathon
- Run a 10k
- Run a runDisney race
- Earn the Coast to Coast runDisney medal
- Visit Jerusalem and surrounding areas
- Swim in the Pacific Ocean
- Eat a food without asking what it is
- Go to Europe for a month
- Go back to Hawaii
- Apply to be on The Amazing Race
- Go to a taping of The Price is Right
- Run into a celebrity and unashamedly ask for a selfie
- See all of the films nominated for Academy Awards BEFORE the awards show airs
- Fly First Class somewhere
- Go to a music festival (preferably not Coachella)
- Ride a zip line
- Experience the Chinese New Year
- Treat myself to a ridiculously expensive item of clothing
- Publish a book
- Watch the sun rise
- Ride a train to a destination
As I complete each of these, I will come back to this post and mark them off my list. Wish me luck!