My culinary skills are lacking. I know this about myself and have accepted it. My less than stellar kitchen prowess would not bother me as much if I didn’t have a family to take care of. But I do. So it does bother me. Thankfully, my family knows one ingredient I always include in my meals is love. It may not be fancy or exotic, but I love my family enough to try and cook for them, and I love them enough to not let them go hungry.
Easy BLT Recipe…with a twist!
One of my favorite things to make for myself, that I’m actually quite good at thank you, is sandwiches. So simple, yet so delicious when done just right (and really terrible if they aren’t done right). Recently, I’ve started experimenting with some new additions to my sandwiches, and I’ve even surprised myself at how well these additions work.
This recipe is called a “BLT,” but the typical “T”, tomato, is swapped for turkey because I’m not a big fan of tomatoes. However, you could always go with the classic “T” or add it on with the turkey!
2 slices of bread
1 tbsp butter
1/4 cup shredded cheese (or sliced cheese if you prefer)
2 tbsp Sriracha Aioli
3 oz. turkey breast slices
1/2 avocado, sliced
2 leaves of lettuce
2 strips of bacon
- Turn on grill, panini press, griddle, or cooking apparatus of choice to medium heat.
- Cook bacon as directed, set aside. Sarah’s Tip: For faster prep, cook the bacon in the microwave.
- To make sriracha aioli: Measure 2 tbsp of mayonnaise into a container. Drop 2-3 drops of sriracha sauce into mayonnaise (more if you like it spicy). Mix well.
- Slice avocado and set aside.
- Dollop sriracha aioli generously to both sides of the bread. Pile high with turkey, cheese, and bacon.
- Butter the outsides of the bread and grill on the kitchen appliance of your choice until the bread is crisp and slightly brown.
- Remove from the pan and add avocado slices and lettuce.
- Cut in half and enjoy!
My favorite part of this recipe is the ooey, gooey goodness that comes from the cheese on top of the cool avocado and rich, spicy sriracha aioli. Another great thing about a sandwich like this is how easily customizable it is.