This blog post has been compensated by Borden® Cheese. All opinions are mine alone. #BordenCheeseLove #CollectiveBias #Ad
Easy BLT Recipe…with a twist!
My culinary skills are lacking. I know this about myself and have accepted it. My less than stellar kitchen prowess would not bother me as much if I didn’t have a family to take care of. But I do. So it does bother me. Thankfully, my family knows one ingredient I always include in my meals is love. It may not be fancy or exotic, but I love my family enough to try and cook for them, and I love them enough to not let them go hungry.
Classic Recipe, New Ideas
One of my favorite things to make for myself, that I’m actually quite good at thank you, is sandwiches. So simple, yet so delicious when done just right (and really terrible if they aren’t done right). Recently, I’ve started experimenting with some new additions to my sandwiches, and I’ve even surprised myself at how well these additions work.
The best part about these experimentations is that I can pick up all of my ingredients at Walmart. One stop shopping is the name of my grocery game these days, and the convenience of purchasing all of my ingredients in one location helps my day run more smoothly and efficiently.
2 slices of bread
1 tbsp butter
¼ cup Borden® Cheese Finely Shredded Cheddar Jack Shreds
2 tbsp Sriracha Aioli
3 oz. turkey breast slices
1/2 avocado, sliced
2 leaves of lettuce
2 strips of bacon
- Turn on grill, panini press, griddle, or cooking apparatus of choice to medium heat.
- Cook bacon as directed, set aside. Sarah’s Tip: For faster prep, cook the bacon in the microwave.
- To make sriracha aioli: Measure 2 tbsp of mayonnaise into a container. Drop 2-3 drops of sriracha sauce into mayonnaise (more if you like it spicy). Mix well.
- Slice avocado and set aside.
- Dollop sriracha aioli generously to both sides of the bread. Pile high with turkey, Borden® Cheese Finely Shredded Cheddar Jack Shreds, and bacon.
- Butter the outsides of the bread and grill on the kitchen appliance of your choice until the bread is crisp and slightly brown.
- Remove from the pan and add avocado slices and lettuce.
- Cut in half and enjoy!
My favorite part of this recipe is the ooey, gooey goodness that comes from the Borden® Cheese Finely Shredded Cheddar Jack Cheese on top of the cool avocado and rich, spicy sriracha aioli. Another great thing about a sandwich like this is how easily customizable it is.
Make It Your Own
Don’t like turkey? Try ham. Not a fan of Borden® Cheese Finely Shredded Cheddar Jack Shreds? Try other Borden® Cheese varieties like Borden® Cheese Mild Cheddar Chunk. Just slice it thin and layer it on top before grilling your sandwich. The possibilities are endless when it comes to the ways you can make this recipe your own. This is one meal I don’t mind customizing for my people. I love making tasty meals that make them happy, so whatever it takes to get them to eat it, I’ll do it.
Where to Buy
If you’re looking for Borden® Cheese products near you, check out this easy store locator to find out which retailers carry it in your area.For more great recipes like mine, be sure to check out the Borden® Cheese website! What would you make with Borden® Cheese products?