Happy (almost) New Year!
I’ve been enjoying the last few days spending loads of time with my family, and I couldn’t be more grateful for these last few weeks of the year where it’s totally ok to do that. There’s been a lot of pajama lounging, tv watching, and general relaxation going on. I hope you’ve been able to recharge these last few days too!
While resting and recharging, I’ve been thinking a lot about where I want to take my blog in 2016, and what I want to accomplish for myself while still being present as the mom and wife my family needs. If you have any feedback for me, I’d love to hear it. What do YOU want to read more of? What do YOU want to read less of? I still plan to write about what I like and what’s important to me, but one of my goals for 2016 is to be more focused and to know when to say “yes” and when to say “no” to opportunities.
In the meantime, let’s take a look back at my 2015. I would say that, honestly, only the last 6 months of 2015 really “count” for me because I didn’t kick my blogging into high gear until early July, so most of these posts may seem pretty familiar to you. Feel free to book mark this page for future reference! There are a lot of great reviews about local activities and restaurants in my city, fashion for kids and adults alike, travel tips and more.My Most Popular Posts of 2015
- Gentille Alouette: Chic Clothes for ChildrenI love supporting local businesses, and I’m extra thrilled to support Gentille Alouette because it’s owned by my neighbor and friend. The clothing is well made, the styles are classic, and the customer service is outstanding.
- Itty Bitty Magic CityMcWane Science Center in downtown Birmingham opened this fun children’s museum in May of this year! We’ve had so much fun visiting it over the last 6 months, the girls and I even made a video about it.
- 2015 Academy Awards FashionI was quite happy to see this was a popular post because I loved writing it! I don’t claim to be any sort of expert on fashion, but it sure is fun to give an opinion, don’t you think? I can’t wait for red carpet season 2016!
- What I Ate Wednesday: Little Donkey in HomewoodThis post was as
yumfun to research as it was to write! If you’re in Birmingham, Alabama and searching for a great local, Mexican joint, this is the spot for you!
- Fashion Tips for Your Next Disney Parks VacationAgain, another fun post to research and write! I love traveling, and Disney is one of my favorite travel destinations. Don’t forget to check out my other Disney blog for even more Disney fun!
- Jolly Holidays by SarahThanks for giving this post some love! I embarked on a new adventure this year as a travel agent, and it’s been a fun learning experience! I’ve booked a few clients, and I hope to help more of you plan vacations in 2016 (and I don’t just do Disney)!
- I’m on the Chick-fil-A Moms’ PanelOne of the exciting privileges I’ve gained since becoming more serious about my blog is the ability to apply for programs that put me in direct contact with brands I love and trust. Chick-fil-A is one of those brands, and I’m so proud to continue working with them in 2016!
- My Sensitive ChildAh, a parenting post. I was definitely hanging on to my sanity by a thin thread when I wrote this. I can thankfully report that we are much more evened out emotionally these days, but I will be eternally grateful for all the private messages and word of encouragement I got after I wrote this post.
- How I Began a Trial Wardrobe Capsule in One Day (without making any purchases)I am so thankful for internet friends and blogging contributors (especially when they write great posts like this one)! I “met” Megan through a blogging group online, and I was eager to work with her and have her work with me. This post was personally helpful to me, and I guess helpful to a lot of you as well!
And last, but certainly not least, my most popular post of 2015….
- Family Fun Review: Let’s Play BirminghamCoincidentally, this post and it’s sister YouTube video are my most popular post of 2015 AND most popular YouTube video of 2015! I guess I need to write more and vlog more about local family fun, huh?
Thanks again to all of you for reading, sharing, commenting, and supporting me in 2015! See y’all in 2016!