“Captain Marvel, “the newest Marvel movie to hit theaters, has become a smash hit in just a few short weeks. My family LOVED this movie, and we are so excited to see more of Carol Danvers in “Avengers: Endgame!”
Captain Marvel Inspired Donuts
We love a good donut recipe around here, so of course Captain Marvel was going to get the donut treatment! These are perfect for your Saturday morning superheroes or as a special afternoon treat. You may even want to make them before you go see “Captain Marvel” for yourself!
Captain Marvel Donut Ingredients
Here’s a list of everything you need for your Captain Marvel donuts:
- 2 2/3 C flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 C sugar
- 1/2 C milk
- 1/4 C melted butter
- 1/2 C sour cream
- 2 large eggs (room temp)
- 1/4 C vegetable oil
- Red and Navy Blue food coloring
If you’re into making your own icing, this is what you need to make it (hint: it’s very easy):
- 1 1/2 cups of powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1-3 tablespoons water
But what about the sprinkles? Don’t worry, those are really easy! Here’s what you need for the sprinkles:
- 2 Red and 2 Blue Nonpareils and Sprinkle Jimmies (4 packets total)
- 2 packets of gold star sprinkles
- 1 bowl to mix everything in
Captain Marvel Donut Directions
Following these directions, you will end up with 12 donuts, which is either just enough to share or not, depending on how much you like them!
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Use a baking spray to prep your doughnut pan.
- Set the pan to the side.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, salt and sugar in a large bowl.
- Whisk together the whole milk, sour cream , and eggs into a separate bowl.
- Whisk in the melted butter, vegetable oil, and vanilla.
- Gradually whisk in the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir just until combined.
- Divide the batter into two bowls.
- Add a few drops of the red gel coloring into one bowl and mix until combined.
- Scoop 1 batter into a disposable piping bag and the other batter into another piping bag.
- Pipe one color on one side of the donut shape cavity and the other color on the other side.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 9 minutes.
- Allow doughnuts to cool a few minutes in the pan.
- Transfer the donuts to a wire rack to completely cool.
After you’ve made your donuts, it’s time to focus on the icing!
Donut Icing Directions:
- Whisk all ingredients together in a stand mixer, using the water to adjust for desired consistency.
- Dips donuts into the icing and place onto a wire rack.
- Sprinkle some sprinkles onto the donuts.
- Allow to dry for 15 minutes before enjoying!
See Captain Marvel in Theaters Now!
Don’t miss your chance to see how awesome “Captain Marvel” is for yourself! It’s playing in theaters nationwide, and I think you’ll love learning the origin story of Carol Danvers.