Walt Disney World is pulling out all the stops this summer for their After Hours events. In addition to their regular After Hours events, there is going to be a special event dedicated to the Villains! What should you expect when you go? I’ve got everything you need to know about this Disney World After Hours Villains Event!
After Hours Villains Event-What is it?
Disney World After Hours events take place, you guessed it, after regular park hours. Most of the time, these events take place between 10pm and 1am. However, you can get into the park as early as 7pm with your Disney Villains After Hours Ticket. This event only takes place at Magic Kingdom Park in Walt Disney World.
What are the After Hours Villains Event Dates?
First, let’s talk about when this event takes place this summer. Tickets can be purchased the day of the event, but they are limited, and it is possible they will sell out. Disney World After Hours Villains Event takes place from 10pm to 1am on the following dates:
- Thursday, June 6, 2019
- Thursday, June 13, 2019
- Thursday, June 20, 2019
- Thursday, June 27, 2019
- Monday, July 1, 2019
- Thursday, July 11, 2019
- Thursday, July 18, 2019
- Thursday, July 25, 2019
- Thursday, August 1, 2019
- Thursday, August 8, 2019
As previously mentioned, even though the event starts at 10pm, entry to the park is available as early as 7pm.
Sarah’s Tip: If you are attending an After Hours event, don’t use a park ticket that day. Take the morning or afternoon to sleep in, enjoy a character meal, or find things to do at Disney Springs. You’ll get to enjoy over 5 hours in a less crowded park later that night!
What Rides are Open During the After Hours Villains Event?
Next, believe it or not, not every ride is open during these special events. This is the same policy for the “Extra Magic Hours” time that is included when you stay at a Disney resort hotel. Some of the confirmed rides that will be open during the event include:
- Haunted Mansion
- Jungle Cruise
- Pirates of the Caribbean
- Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
- Space Mountain
There are also going to be “thrilling villain-inspired surprises at Pirates of the Caribbean and Space Mountain” according to the Disney World official website.
Unique Opportunities at Villains After Hours Event
Additionally, every guest wants to know what’s special about this particular event. Below are some fo the highlights of the event:
- A brand new, 20 minute show called “Villains Unite” featuring Hades, Meg, The Queen, Maleficent, Jafar, and other villains will take place in front of Cinderella Castle.
- The fire breathing dragon centerpiece of the “Festival of Fantasy” parade will make its first nighttime appearance in the park.
- Villain-themed food will be available for purchase including sweet and savory options.
- Limited, event-themed merchandise will be available for purchase.
- Costumed attire will be allowed! Dress code/costume guidelines are the same as they are for “Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party,” but this will be the first time an After Hours event has included the ability to dress in costume!
- Finally, like other events, popcorn, ice cream, and selected bottled beverages will be included in the cost of admission throughout the park.
How Much Does the Villains After Hours Event Cost?
Finally, advanced admission may be purchased for $139 (plus tax) per adult or child and day of event prices increase to $144 (plus tax) per adult or child. Annual Passholders and DVC Members can save a little cash by purchasing their tickets in advance for $109 (plus tax) per adult or child.
This exciting, wickedly fun Disney World event is for a limited time only! Don’t wait to get your tickets in case they sell out!