Dollywood Theme Park and Dollywood Splash Country will be re-opening soon! Like many other businesses across the US, Dollywood closed its theme parks and resort hotel in early March. When it opens again, will it be business as usual? Here’s what you need to know about about Dollywood re-opening, including plans for its resort.
Dollywood Re-Opening 101
After announcements made by Walt Disney World and Universal Orlando, I was eagerly anticipating the day Dollywood would make an announcement. It is a theme park that is near and dear to my heart as a self-proclaimed theme park junkie and southerner. What do you need to know before Dollywood’s re-opening?
When Will Dollywood Theme Park Open?
Let’s first tackle the big question on everyone’s mind: when will Dollywood re-open? Dollywood Theme Park and Dollywood Splash Country will re-open to the public on June 17, 2020. Special preview days for season passholders will occur on June 15-16, 2020.
Dollywood’s DreamMore Resort & Spa will open on June 10, 2020. The spa and certain indoor spaces will not be open at the resort at this time.
Know Before You Go to Dollywood
Theme parks as we knew them, will be different for a little while. Gone are the days of just showing up and entering the parks.
The following important opening procedures are taken directly from the Dollywood website:
- Daily capacity will be limited – Season Passholder Reservations are required and date-based tickets will be available for general admission.
- Face masks or face coverings are required for all visitors ages 3 and up, with some exceptions. Some of the exceptions where masks are not required are while eating, on water park attractions or select coasters at Dollywood. For a full list of exceptions, visit the FAQ Page.
- Temperature screenings will be taken prior to entry.
- Attraction and dining capacities will be limited to allow guests to have more space to move around during their visit.
- Physical distancing measures have been put in place including physically distanced queues, marked barriers and social distancing reminders.
- Additional sanitation measures have been implemented. This includes high touch point areas being cleaned more frequently and providing additional hand sanitizing locations.
Will There Be Shows or Open Dining Locations?
Dollywood Theme Park would not be the same without its incredible entertainment. Certain shows and experiences will still go on. Their website states that “Indoor areas where adequate physical distancing cannot be achieved will remain closed at this time.”
Currently closed attractions include:
- Lumberjack Lifts
- Granny’s Garden
- Lil’ Pilots Playground
- Firehouse Fun Yard
- Hidden Hollow
- Wildwood Creek
Dining venues will be open. Capacity and seating arrangements will promote physical distancing in restaurants.
Re-Opening Dollywood Rides
Riding the best rides at Dollywood will be different. Some rides will require guests to keep masks on, while others will not. Mask wearing on rides will depend on the type of ride as well as other factors.
The pools, river, and slides at Dollywood Splash Country will not require guests to wear masks to utilize them.
Dollywood Festivals and Special Events
Now let’s discuss Dollywood’s festivals and special events. I was looking forward to attending their brand new Flower & Food Festival earlier this spring. I’m excited to share that it is still happening! Dates have not yet been announced, but I will update you when they are.
Other festivals still on the books are Harvest Festival and Smoky Mountain Christmas. Other popular events like Festival of Nations, Summer Celebration, and Bluegrass and Barbecue are no longer on the schedule for this season.
Season Passholder FAQ
Lastly, Dollywood takes care of its season passholders. This year is not exception.
How Long is My Current Pass Valid?
- Current passholders and anyone who purchases a season pass before the end of the year will receive an extension on their pass through June 15, 2021.
- As a thank you to current passholders, we also are providing a bring-a-friend free ticket valid for this summer. You can redeem this bonus ticket when you make your visit reservation online.
Will Passholders Be Able to Enter Early on Saturdays?
- Season Passholders and lodging guests will have the exclusive opportunity to enter the park first each day with a reservation.
Will you be heading to Dollywood when it re-opens to the public?