Need a new cookie recipe? What about one with the flavor of the holiday: peppermint? I’ve got the easiest, most delicious recipe for peppermint white chocolate cookies! These are perfect for gifts, cookie exchanges, or even Santa Claus himself!
Easy Peppermint White Chocolate Cookies
Peppermint is the flavor of the holidays. Well, at least, it’s my favorite holiday flavor. Just like pumpkin spice everything in the fall, I love peppermint in the winter. Occasionally, I mix in a little cinnamon or nutmeg to my flavor profile, but it’s predominantly peppermint. And chocolate. They just go together like peanut butter and jelly, ya know? Anyway, I thought you might like to make some for yourself or others, if you’re in the giving mood.
Peppermint White Chocolate Cookie Ingredients
- 2 C flour
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 C unsalted butter softened
- 1/2 C packed brown sugar
- 1/2 C sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 tsp Pure Peppermint Extract
- 1/2 C peppermint bark white chocolate chips
- 3/4 C white chocolate chips Plus 1 C for topping
- 1/2 C crushed candy cane pieces plus 1/4 C for topping
Peppermint White Chocolate Cookie Directions
3. Add both sugars. Mix on medium speed until fluffy and light in color.
4. Next mix in the egg, vanilla, and peppermint extract.
7. Add the 3/4 C white chocolate chips, 1/2 C chopped peppermint bark white chocolate chips and 1/2 C crushed candy cane, mixing for about 5 seconds until combined.8. Cover dough tightly with plastic wrap. Chill for at least 2 hours.
9. Remove cookie dough from the refrigerator and allow to sit at room temperature for 10 minutes.
10. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
11. Line 2 large cookie sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
12. Using a small ice cream scoop, scoop out some dough and roll into a ball.13. Place 12 cookies onto the baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes or until slightly golden brown. Allow to cool for 5 minutes on the cookie sheet.
Easy Peppermint White Chocolate Cookie Topping
Here’s how to make the topping for the cookies:
1. Add the 1/2 C white chocolate chip into a bowl.
2. Put the bowl in the microwave melting the white chocolate in 20-second increments.
3. Stir after each 20- second increment until completely melted.
More Holiday Cookie Goodness
Not enough cookie goodness in your life? Check out these other yummy holiday recipes!
Italian Christmas Cookies-The Farm Girl Gabs
Christmas Pinwheel Sugar Cookie-The Slow Roasted Italian
Red Cinnamon Belgian Waffle Cookies-Merry About Town
Eggnog Cookies-My Organized Chaos