Fall is in the air! Can you feel it? Well, it may not feel like fall where you live, but it’s on the calendar now, so let’s pretend, okay? I’m in the mood for a little pumpkin (ok, maybe a lot of pumpkin), and this easy pumpkin cookies recipe really hits the spot!
Easy Pumpkin Cookies Recipe
I may not be the best cook in the world, but mama does know how to make some baked goods. When you’re in the mood for fall, this perfectly easy pumpkin cookies recipe is exactly what you need to fill that pumpkin void in your life! Check out the ingredients list and directions below.
Pumpkin Cookies Recipe Ingredients
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter room temp
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg room temp
- 1 tsp.vanilla extract
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Hershey’s Kisses
Pumpkin Cookies Recipe Directions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl add your butter, sugar, and brown sugar.
- Cream together.
- Next, add in egg and vanilla to the butter mixture and mix to combine.
- After combining, add in pumpkin puree and mix to combine. In a small bowl whisk together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, and salt.
- Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and beat until well mixed.
- Using a small cookie scoop of dough and place on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- They will be soft.
- Remove from oven.
- Top each cookie with a Hershey kiss.
- Allow cookies to cool completely. Enjoy!
Adding the Hershey Kiss while the cookies are still warm is an extra tip you may want to try. The warm cookies will soften the chocolate and turn them into more of a “thumbprint” type cookie. Personally, I am a huge fan of warm, soft chocolate, but I understand not everyone is. You do you when it comes to this recipe!
More Great Pumpkin Recipes
Need more pumpkin in your life? Check out these delicious, pumpkin-filled recipes below!
Happy Fall, Y’all!