Great Wolf Lodge in Georgia is one of the many locations of the Great Wolf Lodge franchise that can be found throughout the United States. As a first time visitor, there are many things that are good to know before you go. While this article will focus on Great Wolf Lodge-Georgia, some of these tips may apply to other locations as well.
Georgia’s Great Wolf Lodge
As of this article’s publishing, there is only one Great Wolf Lodge in Georgia. Located an hour or so outside of Atlanta in La Grange, this family fun destination is just across the Alabama/Georgia state line.
It’s not your average hotel, nor is it your average water park. Here’s what you need to know before you visit Great Wolf Lodge in Georgia.
Hotel Rooms at Great Wolf Lodge
Visitors coming from out of town will want to take advantage of a full weekend of fun. Staying at the lodge itself is a great way to do that. There are three levels of suites available:
- Standard Suites: choose from either a deluxe studio suite with two queen beds and a twin sleeper chair or a family suite with two queen beds and full sized sofa bed.
- Themed Suites: choose from a “Wolf Den” or a “Kid Cabin.” These rooms have kid friendly bunk rooms as well as queen sized beds for mom and dad.
- Premium Suites: choose a two bedroom suite or a two room suite with a themed bunk area for kids.
Great Wolf Lodge rooms are perfect for larger families or even traveling with extended family!
What is included in my stay?
Obviously, entrance to the water park is included in every resort stay, but is there anything else to do? Yes, there is! In fact, there is so much to do, it may take more than a weekend to do it all.
Included in your stay:
- Character Appearances
- Story Time
- Yoga Tails
- Paws-On Projects
- Hustle & Howl Dance Party
Due to changes necessary to accommodate social distancing and other COVID-19 measures, reservations need to be made for all of these activities save Character Appearances. They are still included in your stay, but reservations must be made to attend.
Extra Entertainment at Great Wolf Lodge
Additional entertainment can be had at Great Wolf Lodge for a price. There are three levels of attraction passes:
- Pup Pass: perfect for younger kids as it includes things like a plush toy, DIY t-shirt or pillow case, candy, and more.
- Paw Pass: just enough extra for a weekend trip as it includes one game of MagiQuest, a MagiQuest wand or topper, candy, arcade credit, and a few more items.
- Wolf Pass: includes everything in the Paw Pass, plus rope climbing admission, mini-golf, mini-bowling, and more (this is also the priciest pass of the bunch).
Is the extra entertainment worth it? My girls had a lot of fun using their Paw Pass, but I don’t think it’s a must do for every visit. There is plenty of included fun, especially in the indoor waterpark.
Great Wolf Lodge Waterpark: The Main Attraction
Visiting the indoor waterpark is the main reason for booking a Great Wolf Lodge vacation. It is temperature controlled and completely indoors, which makes it perfect for any time of year.
Towels are provided at the waterpark, and you may bring your own food. However, there is also plenty of food choices on site throughout the resort. No grilling or cooking of any kind is allowed on the property or in the rooms, but you can bring your own food if you choose to do so.
Seating is first come, first served unless you rent a cabana or purchase upgraded, reserved seating. Cabana rentals come with more benefits, such as food and beverage service, but they are also more expensive.
What Safety Measures are in Place?
Finally, with the state of the world the way it currently is, everyone wants to know how safe travel can be. Great Wolf Lodge in Georgia has done an excellent job helping guests play safely.
- Everyone over the age of 5 must wear a face covering except when dining or in the waterpark. Forgot your mask? No problem! Staff can provide you a disposable one upon check-in.
- Hand sanitizer stations are available everywhere throughout the resort.
- Reduced capacity and social distancing measures help ensure guests can maintain their distance from others while in lines, seated for dining, or participating in kids’ activities.
- Touchless payment and check-in options reduce contact with guests and employees alike. Currently, cash is not accepted as a form of payment.
- Enhanced cleaning procedures of high touch items, such as luggage carts, as well as high traffic areas and guest rooms.
Is Great Wolf Lodge Worth the Price?
Whenever I am asked if something is “worth the price” I find it difficult to answer. What my family determines as “worth it” may not hold the same weight for your family.
We enjoyed our weekend at Great Wolf Lodge in Georgia immensely. No one was bored. We all felt safe and comfortable with their COVID-19 procedures. We would absolutely go again, especially when our youngest is a bit older and can enjoy the waterpark even more.