Halloween is near! Other than the fun costumes and delicious candies that excite not only kids but kids at heart, Halloween is all about having fun with friends and family.
It’s not just about carving pumpkins — there are a lot of fun activities for the whole family. If you are just waiting for the kids in costumes to yell out “Trick or Treat,” you’re missing out on even more fun.
Halloween Crafts for Kids
Your Halloween can be all treats and no tricks with these quick and easy Halloween crafts. Grab your thinking cap and your crafty hands and recreate these Halloween crafts. Grab the kids and do them together as a family or you can also prep supplies to make these crafts during your Halloween party.
If your kids are looking for a spooky yet cute craft, this spider pencil is the perfect craft for you.
What You’ll Need:
- Small Styrofoam Ball
- Washi Tape
- Black Paint
- Pipe Cleaners
- Tacky Glue – Quick-Dry
- Pair of Googly Eyes
How To Do It:
- Cover the pencil completely with the washi tape.
- Paint the styrofoam ball with black paint. Allow to dry completely.
- Using tacky glue, attach the googly eyes to the styrofoam ball.
- Cut the pipe cleaners into smaller pieces. These will be the hands of the spider. Stick the arms into the styrofoam ball.
- Insert the pencil into the styrofoam ball.
- You’re done!
Halloween Rock Magnets
This Halloween craft is great as a holiday decoration. It is super simple and will give your fridge a little Halloween spirit.
What You’ll Need:
- Smooth Rocks
- Clear Coat
How To Do It:
- Choose small, flat, smooth rocks. Avoid big, heavy, rough rocks.
- Paint the rocks with your desired design. You can choose pumpkins, Frankenstein, ghosts, black cats; your imagination is your only limit here.
- Once you’re done painting the rocks, let them dry completely.
- Use a clear coat over them to make the paint last longer.
- Attach the magnet to the backside of the rock with a strong adhesive.
- Place your magnet on the fridge.
Too much candy can be overwhelming to your kids, so share a non-candy treat instead. You can make it in large batches or make it as one-of-a-kind treats. Any kid will enjoy a jar full of Halloween slime.
Supplies for Slime
- 6 ounces of Elmer’s Glue
- Food coloring or glitter if you choose clear glue (you can use orange for pumpkin, green for Frankenstein, and a little gray for a ghost)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 Tablespoon Contact Lens Solution
- 2 Tablespoons Water
- Plastic mixing bowl
To Decorate the Jar:
- Googly Eyes
- Black Felt
- Glue Gun
How To Make Slime and Decorate the Jar
- Prepare your mixing bowl.
- Pour all the Elmer’s Glue into the bowl.
- Add in the food coloring or glitter and mix together until you achieve your desired color.
- Next add the baking soda and mix thoroughly.
- Add in the water and mix again.
- Pour in the contact lens solution and mix until your slime starts to form. If the slime is not forming, add more contact lens solution.
- Once your slime begins to harden, knead it with your hands. If you find the slime too sticky, you can add more contact lens solution.
- For the jar, add googly eyes or black felt for the features of your scary creatures!
- Place the slime into the jar.
Halloween is not all tricks — it should be all treats! These Halloween craft ideas will bring smiles to your kids’ faces and leave them wanting more.
More Halloween Craft Ideas
Looking for more spooky fun? Check out these awesome craft ideas that are perfect for Halloween!