This is Halloween! This is Halloween! Ok, confession time: I’ve never actually seen all of The Nightmare Before Christmas. Don’t shoot me! Even without having seen the movie, I do have a weird fondness for the holiday of Halloween. I definitely prefer the parts of the holiday that are more Casper the Friendly Ghost than Jigsaw and Leatherface, so I’ll always be keeping my Halloween fun PG around here.
Halloween Recipe: Monster Eye Cookies
Speaking of PG fun, who doesn’t love a good cookie recipe? One of my favorite things to do during any holiday is bake (mostly because that’s what I’m darn good at, but you know). This cookie recipe is so simple, I have complete faith that anyone could take this and make it their own!
Monster Eye Cookies Ingredients
- 1 box of white cake mix
- 1/2 C butter (room temp)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 package of cream cheese (8 oz)
- 1 large egg (room temp)
- Gel food coloring
- 1 package candy eyeballs
Monster Eye Cookies Directions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- With an electric mixer beat the butter, vanilla, egg, and cream cheese.
- Add the white cake mix.
- Divide the batter into the number of small bowls equal to the number of different colors that you want.
- Add food coloring to each of the bowls.
- Mix each color well.
- Cover and chill each bowl of batter.
- Chill each bowl for 20-30 minutes.
- Using a ice cream scoop make the cookie balls.
- Roll each cookie ball into corresponding colored sprinkles.
- As each cookie is rolled in the sprinkles place the cookie ball on the lined cookie sheet.
- Use your hand and press the cookie dough ball flat.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from the oven.
- While the cookies are still warm place the candy eyeballs in the center of the cookie.
More Great Halloween Ideas
Get in the Halloween spirit with these fun ideas!