What’s your favorite things about the holidays? I have a hard time putting my finger on just what makes the holiday season the best time of the year. One of the things I love is sharing my joy of baking with family and friends. My recipe for Peppermint Holiday Bark is so easy! Make this for gifts or keep it for yourself!
Peppermint Holiday Bark Recipe
One way you can maximize your holiday budget is to give meaningful gifts. I love beautiful stationary or a homemade treat, and neither of those things have to put your funds in a bind. One of my choice gifts to give is my easy Peppermint Holiday Bark. A large batch can be made in advance and broken up to gift to several people on your list. Who could say no to chocolate and peppermint?
Peppermint Holiday Bark Ingredients
- 1 lb. of baking chocolate
- 1 lb. of white baking chocolate
- Peppermint extract
- 1 lb. soft peppermints
- Baking Sheet
- Wax paper
- Melt 3/4 lb. of baking chocolate in either microwave or by using double boiler method. I prefer microwave because it’s faster and I’m impatient!
- Combine melted chocolate with remaining 1/4 lb. of baking chocolate. Stir in 2-3 drops of peppermint extract. Stir together until all is melted. This will help the chocolate remain firm at room temperature.
- Pour onto baking sheet that has been covered in wax paper. Set in freezer to harden (about 30 minutes).
- Complete steps 1 and 2 with the white baking chocolate.
- Crush peppermints for topping (I like to use a rolling pin to crush them in a closed zip top bag).
- Remove chocolate from freezer and pour white chocolate on top of it.
- Cover with crushed peppermints, then put it back in the freezer to harden (another 30 minutes).
- Remove from freezer, break apart, enjoy!
Other Holiday Recipe Ideas
Looking for other delicious holiday recipes? Check out these great ideas!