Disney Plus is the brand new streaming service that just launched in November of 2019. Each month, new content is released and updated on the platform. The new content includes classic Disney movies and television shows, but it also includes brand new originals only seen on Disney Plus. Here’s what’s new on Disney Plus this month.
What’s NEW on Disney Plus in May
Each month of 2020, I plan on updating this post with the latest information about what’s new on Disney Plus. In case you haven’t gotten the new streaming service yet, here’s how you can get it for a discount. Additionally, I’ve also written about everything coming to the new platform (and when it’s coming), but this post will only contain the most current information.
New Titles Added to the Streaming Library May 2020
I am personally loving all the brand new original content coming to Disney+ each month. May is my favorite month so far because we are getting amazing new Star Wars content in the form of a behind-the-scenes series on The Mandalorain. Please add it to your watch list if you haven’t already!
Here’s what you can expect, and when you can expect it, during May 2020.
Friday, May 1
- Awesome Animals (S1)
- Birth of Europe (S1)
- Bride of Boogedy
- Buried Secrets of the Bible with Albert Lin (S1)
- CAR SOS (S1 – S7)
- Disney Kirby Buckets (S1-S3)
- George of the Jungle
- Homeward Bound: The Incredible Journey
- Homeward Bound II: Lost in San Francisco
- How to Play Baseball
- In Beaver Valley
- Lost Treasures of Egypt (S1)
- Love & Vets (S1)
- Nature’s Half Acre
- Prairie Dog Manor (S1)
- Primal Survivor (S1-S4)
- Prowlers of the Everglades
- Secrets of the Zoo
- Secrets of the Zoe: Tampa
- Survive the Tribe (S1)
- The Princess Bride
- United States of Animals (S1)
- Unlikely Animal Friends (S3)
- Water Birds
- Be Our Chef: Episode 106 “Slimy Yet Satisfying”
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Episode 711 “Shattered”
- Disney Family Sundays: Episode 126 “Star Wars: Clock”
- One Day At Disney: Episode 122 “Robin Roberts: Good Morning America Co-Anchor”
- Prop Culture: Series Premiere – All 8 Episodes!
- John Carter (May 2 launch)
New Titles Added on May 4-Star Wars Day
Several new titles are being added to the streaming library on May 4. Here’s what’s launching:
- Disney Gallery: The Mandalorian: Series Premiere – Episode 101 “Directing”
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Series Finale – Episode 712 “Victory and Death”
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker
Further May Title Releases & Dates
May is turning out to be somewhat of a quiet month for new releases. There appears to be a lot of focus on the original content launches with a few movies thrown in here and there. Check out the next few weeks of launches!
Friday, May 8
- Be Our Chef: Episode 107 “Anyone Can Cook”
- Disney Family Sundays: Episode 127 “Star Wars: Hanging Art”
- One Day At Disney: Episode 123 “Joe Hernandez: Attractions Host”
- Disney Gallery: The Mandalorian: Episode 102 “Legacy”
- Disney Insider: Episode 105 “Running through Disney, Sorcerer’s Arena, Opening the Archives”
Friday, May 15
- Furry Files
- Maleficent: Mistress of Evil
- Be Our Chef: Episode 108 “Worth Melting For”
- One Day At Disney: Episode 124 “Stephanie Carroll: Ranch Hand”
- Disney Gallery: The Mandalorian: Episode 103 “Cast”
- It’s a Dog’s Life with Bill Farmer: Series Premiere – Episode 101 “Whale Poop Dogs & Sheep Herding Dogs”
Friday, May 22
- The Boys: The Sherman Brothers’ Story
- Disney’s Just Roll with It (S1)
- Disney‘s Mech-X4 (S1-2)
- Vampirina (S2)
- Disneyland Goes to the World’s Fair
- Fantastic Mr. Fox
- Heartland Docs, DVM (S1)
- Hello, Dolly!
- Marvel’s Future Adventures (S2)
- The Big Fib: Series Premiere – All 15 Episodes Available
- Be Our Chef: Episode 109 “Tiana’s Place”
- One Day At Disney: Episode 125 “Ed Fritz: Imagineering Ride Engineer”
- Disney Gallery: The Mandalorian: Episode 104 “Technology”
- It’s a Dog’s Life with Bill Farmer: Episode 102 “Dogs & Cheetahs & Companion Dogs”
Friday, May 29
- Doc McStuffins (S5)
- Disney’s Gabby Duran & the Unsittables (S1)
- Disney’s The Evermoor Chronicles (S1-2)
- Mickey and the Seal
- The Moon-Spinners
- Violetta (S2)
- Be Our Chef: Episode 110 “Woody’s Lunchbox”
- Disney Family Sundays: Episode 130 “Nightmare Before Christmas: Candy Bowl”
- One Day At Disney: Episode 126 “Jerome Ranft: Pixar Sculptor”
- Disney Gallery: The Mandalorian: Episode 105 “Practical”
- It’s a Dog’s Life with Bill Farmer: Episode 103 “Mascot Dogs & Guide Dogs for Runners”
What’s Expected to Launch this Year on Disney Plus
As previously stated, this post will be updated each month as new titles being added to the Disney Plus library. Curious about the rest of 2020? Here’s a sampling of what we can look forward to this year:
- Monsters at Work: a look at the daily events in and around the workplace of everyone’s favorite Disney/Pixar monsters, Mike and Sulley.
- The Falcon and the Winter Soldier: starring Sebastian Stan and Anthony Mackie in their roles from the Marvel Cinematic Universe, this new show will debut in 2020 instead of 2021!
- WandaVision: similarly, another Marvel show set to debut earlier than previously announced, WandaVision stars Elisabeth Olsen and Paul Bettany in their roles as Wanda and Vision respectively.
What are you most excited about seeing this month on Disney Plus? Let me know in the comments and check back each month for updates!
All photos: Disney Plus Media Center